Looking for a New Job? kartikent.com is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in Open Doors for Multicultural Families & they are Hiring Candidates for Executive Assistant
Company Name : Open Doors for Multicultural Families
Company Location : Kent, WA 98032
Job Position : Executive Assistant
Job Category : Jobs in Kent, WA 98032
Job Description :
Open Doors for Multicultural Families (ODMF) is growing and we’re hiring an Executive Assistant
· Full-Time (40 hours/week), non-exempt, $25-$30 per hour based on experience.
· Medical insurance, paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, parental leave, mileage reimbursement, retirement plan
LOCATION: Hybrid work environment, combination of remote and in-person work (based in Kent, WA Office)
ABOUT THE POSITION
The ODMF Executive Assistant is an experienced administrative professional that applies specialized expertise to perform a broad range of tasks. They are the key support person to the Executive Director (ED). They are expected to appropriately handle sensitive interactions within as well as outside of the organization. Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to composing correspondence, arranging/preparing for meetings, conferences and social events, handling confidential matters, screening emails, telephones calls and text messages, scheduling appointments and taking meeting minutes while exhibiting high levels of confidentiality, communication, and professionalism. The Executive Assistant reports to Assistant Director.
*ODMF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (proof of vaccination will be requested during the onboarding process for the successful candidate).
Typical duties include:
· Assist the Executive Director (ED) by performing a variety of administrative and clerical support duties, such as meeting planning, project management preparing complex documents and presentations, composing correspondence and coordinating activities. May assist other department managers and staff under the direction of ED.
· Hold daily check-ins and debriefs with ED. Check and organize/label important ED’s emails and other incoming messages daily. Report to ED and assist the ED to respond to the messages in a timely matter.
· Act as a key point of contact for internal and external communication for the ED
· Take directions from the ED and accomplish assigned tasks and small projects on time; keep all task- and project-related records and documentation, prioritize all assigned tasks, and report to ED on time.
· Work collaboratively with other managers & ODMF staff and support them as directed by the ED.
· Communicate and follow up externally with partners and funders via phone calls, emails, etc.
· Enter data, organize files, documents, paperwork, calendar and schedules for the ED.
· Take notes and record meeting minutes as assigned by the ED.
· Complete assigned projects using various platforms such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Adobe, Lightico E-Signature, Google forms and more. Tasks can include data entry, creating documents, preparing letters, doing mail merges, collecting e-signatures, etc.
· Set up conference calls through Zoom, MS Teams, three-way calls, and other media platforms; enter information into database systems such as MS Teams, Google, Salesforce, etc.
· Regularly maintain up to date mailing lists and email groups on the ED’s contact lists.
· Attend necessary Board meetings, communicate with Board members and assist Board members with tasks assigned by the ED
· Complete assigned tasks related to the development of the Multicultural Village housing project
· Keep in regular communication with ED through text, phone calls, and emails as needed each day.
· Other duties as assigned by the ED.
· Has a keen understanding & ability to maintain strict confidentiality and sensitive information
· Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and professional judgment skills
· Has high accuracy and attention to detail
· Highly organized and able to locate needed information
· Expertise in time management
· Ability to organize and manage complex, detailed processes efficiently
· Ability to prioritize and take care of daily and spontaneous tasks in timely manner, as well as handling pressure and tight deadlines
· Ability to manage projects and execute details
· Demonstrates commitment to teamwork and collaboration
· Ability to process multiple data points and information
· Accurate note taking skills
· Able to type a minimum of 60 wpm
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Highly responsive & communicative; ability to collaborate with others
· Proactive in asking necessary questions and taking steps to accomplish tasks
· Proactive in informing, reminding, and communicating with ED on any important and time sensitive matters
· Ability to follow instructions and thoroughly complete and follow up on assigned tasks
· Able to communicate on behalf of the ED in a respectful manner via phone, emails, texts, etc, especially with external partners.
· Willing to learn new skills, and a fast learner
· Accepts & implements feedback
· Ability to work occasional evenings or weekends as needed
· Enthusiasm for being part of a high-energy and mission-driven organization
· Track record of respect for others’ experiences, opinions, language, values, culture, abilities and knowledge
· Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
· Able to guide, assist, and answer questions on basic technology functions
· Proficient knowledge in using Zoom & MS Teams to schedule meetings and organize folders
· Basic knowledge in social media platforms
· Basic knowledge in graphic design to create documents such as event flyers, presentation materials, reports, etc.
· Proficient in using Trello for project management
· Ability to work occasional evenings or weekends as needed
· Ability to pass DSHS criminal background check & drug test
· Work or lived experience with immigrant/refugee & BIPOC populations
· Work or lived experience with individuals with developmental/intellectual disabilities
· Bilingual in English and at least one other language
· Sitting for long periods of time
· Working in front of a computer or at a desk for long periods of time
· Standing and stooping
TO BE CONSIDERED:
1. All interested applicants are invited to apply online via Indeed.
2. Parents and/or family members of persons with disabilities and persons with disabilities residing in South King County are encouraged to apply.
3. Attach a resume
4. Attach a cover letter that speaks to your interest in the position and joining ODMF
Open Doors for Multicultural Families (ODMF) is a nonprofit-charitable organization dedicated to ensuring that diverse families of loved ones with developmental/intellectual disabilities and special health care needs have equal access to culturally appropriate information, resources, and services.
ODMF is committed attracting and hiring candidates that are committed to our mission, vision, and equity in action. We place a high value on having diversity within our workforce that reflects the ethnic and linguistically diversity of our families’ services. We are seeking equity-driven partners in our work and applicants that made equity an integrated approach in their professional practices and have experience working with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities and their families. Accordingly, such persons, with a minimum of dual language proficiency are our preferred applicants and are highly encouraged to apply.
Equity in Action
All culturally and linguistically diverse individuals with developmental/intellectual disabilities and their families thrive in an inclusive society of their design.
We engage and partner with culturally and linguistically diverse individuals with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities and their families. We use a cultural brokerage model to navigate services, provide specialized programming and advocate for systems change.
· Accountability advocacy
· All abilities
· collaboration and partnership
· cross-cultural communication
· cultural reciprocity
· Family-driven programs and services
· Family engagement
· Social Justice
ODMF is an equal employment opportunity organization. Persons from diverse backgrounds and communities an encouraged to apply – especially parents and family members of persons with disabilities and persons with disabilities residing in South King County are especially encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $30.00 per hour
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Kent, WA 98032: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
What is your typing speed wpm?
Microsoft Office: 2 years (Preferred)
Microsoft Outlook: 2 years (Preferred)
any other languages besides English fluently (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as kartikent.com