Looking for a New Job? kartikent.com is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in Fairbanks North Star Borough & they are Hiring Candidates for Transportation Supervisor
Company Name : Fairbanks North Star Borough
Company Location : Fairbanks, AK 99709
Job Position : Transportation Supervisor
Job Category : Jobs in Fairbanks, AK 99709
Job Description :
POSITION TITLE: Transportation Supervisor
STATUS: Regular Full Time
SALARY: Grade 57 $32.46/hr
PCN : TR90104
UNION STATUS: 02 Laborers 942
REPORTS TO: Transportation Manager
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Transit Drivers
Van Tran Divers
Customer Service Representatives / Dispatchers
Closes: 06/15/2022 9:00 PM AK
Responsible for the efficient administrative operation of the transit (MACS) operation, paratransit (Van Tran) operation and the Transit Center. This includes the day to day supervision of the transit drivers, paratransit drivers, customer service representatives / dispatchers, and servicers.
1. Perform transit operation functions and ensures daily staffing requirements are met for transit and paratransit operations (e.g., assigns extra-board work, conducts route bidding, schedules leave time off, makes equipment assignments, monitors driver radio network and resolves immediate on-route problems, etc.).
2. Use scheduling software to schedule transit drivers and routes, which programs all onboard bus peripherals (GPS, annunciators, passenger counters, and mobile data terminals).
3. Work with Transportation Manager to create and implement effective strategies that improve the delivery of transit and paratransit services.
4. Assure compliance with FTA regulations, including but not limited to drug and alcohol testing, charter and school bus restrictions, procurement, title VI requirements, and the ADA.
5. Assist in maintaining route schedules in times of heavy traffic, bad weather, or collisions/incidents involving a bus. Monitors route operations and conditions, making immediate operational adjustments when required.
6. Answer telephone calls from the public relative to route designations, times or complaints.
7. Ensure that all revenues are collected, recorded and deposited in a controlled and timely manner pursuant to Transportation policies.
8. Perform administrative tasks such as consolidation, reconciliation and verification of passenger counts and other ridership data.
9. Responsible for the day-to-day direction of the transit and paratransit employees, including but not limited to hiring, training, discipline, issuing department memorandums and employee evaluations.
10. Conduct or arrange training of all staff, involving Standard Operating Procedures, defensive driving techniques, passenger assistance, assisting those with disabilities, onboard technology, vehicle operation and routes, servicing tasks, and dispatching/scheduling functions.
11. Assist Transportation Manager with route planning, research and data gathering for various projects, monthly reports and other planning related
12. Coordinate appropriate vehicle maintenance with shop supervisor.
13. Ensure vehicles are properly cleaned and serviced each night.
14. Monitor and review state and federal legislation, circulars and guidance regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to ensure transit and paratransit requirements are met.
15. Administer contracts, including Transit Center security, agreements and memorandums of understanding.
16. Ability to provide good customer service.
17. Ability to deal effectively and harmoniously with the public and co-workers, to maintain confidentiality of information and use independent judgment.
18. Assist in the preparation of the annual Borough budget.
19. Perform other transit and paratransit tasks, as assigned.
1. Must have at least three years previous supervisory experience in a transportation operational position. Other supervisory experience may be credited on a year for year basis.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration, budget and personnel management, including supervision, training, and performance management. Ability to develop systems to effectively manage financial, operational, and personnel issues.
3. Two (2) year recent professional experience as commercial driver for a transportation entity. Formal driver training that demonstrates competency to fulfill performance requirements and responsibilities may be credited for one year experience. Must have and be able to maintain a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL), with Passenger and Air Brake endorsements. Must meet insurance standards and maintain insurability under the Borough’s insurance program. If personal automobile is used for Borough business, proof of automobile insurance at statutory limits must be provided. (A CURRENT COPY OF DRIVING RECORD WILL BE REQUIRED AT TIME OF INTERVIEW)
4. Must possess moderate computer skills, with the ability to perform data entry functions and use specialized software for transit operations. Experience with MS Word, Excel and Outlook required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Demonstrated knowledge of the safe mechanical operation of a transit bus and paratransit van.
2. Ability to prepare, maintain and oversee the production of accurate records and reports. Ability to work effectively in a busy work environment with responsibility for numerous tasks/projects in various stages of completion.
3. Ability to deal effectively and courteously with complaints and to effectively handle adverse/stressful situations with tact and diplomacy. Must be capable of functioning with very little direction, use independent judgment, and perform work in an organized and professional manner.
4. Demonstrated ability to know and understand FTA regulations and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
5. Must be capable of performing assigned administrative functions (i.e., prepare reports, communications and understand cash accountability).
6. Prefer past experience working in a collective bargaining atmosphere.
1. Must have (or be able to obtain within 90 days of employment) and maintain a DOT Medical Examiners Certificate.
2. This position requires a criminal background check.
Continuous contact with department employees; continuous public contact and frequent contact with outside organizations and agencies.
Supervisor responsibilities: participates in new-hire interviews, staff scheduling, employee evaluations, and other employee-related actions; experiences minor problems daily and occasional major ones that must be resolved on own initiative with little immediate supervision; the consequences of error, carelessness or mistaken judgment require significant effort to recover.
General office where conditions are pleasant; good, clean conditions where accidents/hazards are negligible; requires short periods of light lifting, pushing, or pulling (1-25 lbs).
While training drivers: Field work involving driving; there is a major accident/hazard risk and disagreeable conditions on a somewhat continuous basis; requires short periods of moderate lifting, pushing or pulling (26-50 lbs.). Maintain a fix sitting position for up to 30 minutes on a regular basis, and occasionally up to 1 hour.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must submit a completed online application on or before the closing date and time as specified in the Job Posting. Online applications can be located at www.fnsb.gov by clicking the “Find a Job” button.
For additional information please call (907) 459-1202 or the Borough Direct Job Line at (907) 459-1206.
The Borough complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/interview/selection process, contact the Human Resources Office at (907)459-1202 or the EEO office. The EEO Compliance Officer can be contacted at (907) 459-1309.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $32.46 per hour
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as kartikent.com