Looking for a New Job? kartikent.com is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in Fairbanks North Star Borough & they are Hiring Candidates for Accounting Technician III- Grants
Company Name : Fairbanks North Star Borough
Company Location : Fairbanks, AK 99701
Job Position : Accounting Technician III- Grants
Job Category : Jobs in Fairbanks, AK 99701
Job Description :
POSITION TITLE: Accounting Technician III-Grants
STATUS: Regular Full Time
SALARY: 10A $27.41/hr
UNION STATUS: 01 APEA
REPORTS TO: Senior Grants Accountant
General Ledger Staff Accountant II
Senior General Ledger Accountant
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
Closes: 06/22/2022 9:00 PM AK
Provide accounting, technical and clerical support, and assistance to the grants compliance and accounting functions. Communicate regularly with granting agencies, subgrantees, and Borough project managers, soft ledger keepers, and data entry employees regarding grants compliance and accounting issues. Prepare and review various grant reports and statements. Maintain the grants database and their respective grant files. Provide technical assistance and perform other duties as assigned for the Accounting Division particularly the General Ledger section.
1. Reconcile source documents to various manual and automated systems and subsidiaries. Prepare journal entries and budget entries to the general ledger for assigned cost centers and accounts. Analyze and research budget, encumbrance, and actual balances and transactions.
2. Work with the Borough Administration, project managers, soft ledger keepers, and Accounting Division personnel to ensure that grant transactions are properly authorized, executed, documented, and reported in accordance with grant compliance procedures and requirements.
3. Monitor activity on grants, projects, perform system queries, download and compile data, analyze, summarize, and reconcile transactions. Analyze and research budget, encumbrance, and actual balances and transactions. Prepare budget and journal entries related to grants and projects. Prepare grant correspondence and memoranda.
4. Research Congressional and State legislative bills over the Internet and monitor, interpret, and apply statutory, regulatory, and program guidelines to various grant transactions.
5. Work with federal and State granting agencies to obtain guidance and clarification on cost eligibility, grant reporting requirements, and other program guidelines; and to follow up on the status of grant billings.
6. Work tactfully with sub-grantees and respond thoughtfully to their inquiries. Help them understand their sub-grant agreements. Assist them with, and review, their sub-grant reports; communicate any deficiencies with them.
7. Run general ledger reports, prepare back-up schedules, gather source documents, and prepare complex schedules, audit work papers, and grant reports in accordance with terms, laws, and regulations. Compile supporting documentation.
8. Maintain grants database; make queries and run reports as necessary.
9. Record accounts receivable for grants to the Borough’s financial management system (FMS) each month. Key budget and journal entries into the FMS. At month-end, reconcile all subsidiary and direct entries to the general ledger.
10. Establish and maintain grants files. Rotate files and document file contents for general ledger entries and grants in conformity with the records retention policy and procedures.
11. Review sub-grant proposals submitted by community non-profit agencies; analyze agency financial statements, budgets, narratives, resumes, and job descriptions. Prepare conclusions and recommendations for agreement conditions.
12. Provide back-up support for and support to other technical and clerical positions within the Accounting Division.
1. Associate degree in accounting from an accredited institution or program and one year of experience that includes full-charge bookkeeping. Relevant combinations of education and experience may be considered (e.g., professional accounting, grants compliance and accounting, regulated industries).
2. Must have recent extensive and verifiable experience involving complex analytical problem-solving, applying and manipulating inter-related data. This experience should be in governmental accounting and/or grants compliance; other financial experience may qualify.
3. Must have a verifiable background in automated accounting systems. Must possess ability to query and extract source data from a sophisticated, integrated financial management system. Mainframe/mid-range computer experience is desirable.
4. Recent experience and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel (including linking and functions), and Microsoft Word (including formatting, mail merges, tables and forms) is required. Microsoft Access experience is preferred.
5. Must be accurate and proficient at data entry/typing and be able to use a 10-key adding machine by touch.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Demonstrated ability to perform consistently accurate, complete, and timely work in an organized and efficient manner. Ability to handle unexpected demands and unplanned situations.
2. Demonstrated ability to manage time well. Must be capable of performing multiple tasks with minimal direction, sometimes under stressful situations, under the pressures of short deadlines and with competing priorities across functions.
3. Must deal tactfully and diplomatically with other borough employees, outside entities, and the general public and have a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
4. Must have ability to research and understand grants compliance procedures and requirements (including federal and state laws, regulations, and grant agreements) using the Internet, publications, periodicals, and other authoritative sources.
4. Ability to comprehend and execute verbal and written instructions and to use independent judgment in applying guidelines to varied situations.
5. Demonstrated ability to communicate regularly and consistently in a clear, courteous, and professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
6. A willingness to innovate techniques that improve efficiency, accuracy, and productivity.
7. PREFERRED: Ability to have and maintain a valid driver’s license and to meet insurance standards and maintain insurability under the Borough’s insurance program. If personal automobile is used for Borough business, proof of insurance at statutory limits must be provided. (A CURRENT COPY OF DRIVING RECORD WILL BE REQUESTED AT TIME OF HIRE.)
1. A PROFICIENCY TEST MAY BE ADMINISTERED.
2. This position requires a criminal background check.
Frequent interdepartmental business contact within the Borough and frequent contact involving outside organizations/agencies.
Does not supervise; experiences minor problems daily and occasional major ones that must be resolved on own initiative with little immediate supervision; the consequences of error, carelessness, or mistaken judgment require significant effort to recover.
General office where conditions are pleasant; good, clean conditions where accidents/hazards are negligible; requires reaching and bending; requires short periods of moderate lifting, pushing , or pulling of file and paper boxes (26-50 lbs.).
Individuals interested in applying for this position must submit a completed online application on or before the closing date and time as specified in the Job Posting. On line applications can be located at www.fnsb.gov by clicking the “Find a Job” button.
For additional information please call (907) 459-1202 or the Borough Direct Job Line at (907) 459-1206.
The Borough complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/interview/selection process, contact the Human Resources Office at (907)459-1202 or the EEO office. The EEO Compliance Officer can be contacted at (907) 459-1309.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $27.41 per hour
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as kartikent.com