Looking for a New Job? kartikent.com is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in Fairbanks North Star Borough & they are Hiring Candidates for Administrative Assistant III Design and Construction
Company Name : Fairbanks North Star Borough
Company Location : Fairbanks, AK 99701
Job Position : Administrative Assistant III Design and Construction
Job Category : Jobs in Fairbanks, AK 99701
Job Description :
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant III Design and Construction
STATUS: Regular Full Time
SALARY: 7A $24.28/hr
UNION STATUS: 01 APEA
REPORTS TO: Architect/Engineer
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
Closes: 06/15/2022 9:00 PM AK
Provide secretarial and administrative services support to Architects, Professional Engineers, and Project Managers for specific project design and construction.
1. Compose correspondence, transcribe, edit, initiate internal Borough budgetary documents and other miscellaneous forms, and direct phone calls.
2. Assist in the preparation and processing of all phases of design and construction contractual documentation including requests for proposals, bid documents, contracts, purchase orders, change orders, and and permit applications for the Authority Having Jurisdiction
3. Prepare agenda and attend on-site construction project meetings and record and prepare meeting minutes for distribution.
4. Attend and assist on-site construction inspections, composing and recording comments and notes.
5. Maintain soft ledgers on assigned capital improvement projects.
6. Organize and maintain centralized design and construction project files.
1. High school diploma or equivalent and three (3) years of progressively responsible office experience as an administrative assistant with knowledge of admin practices and procedures. One (1) year of secretarial experience working in construction or design fields required. Up to one (1) year office occupations training preferred.
2. Demonstrated ability to operate personal computer. Proficiency with PC software including Microsoft Word and Excel in a Windows environment required; Microsoft Access database and Adobe Acrobat preferred; proficient keyboarding with speed and accuracy.
3. Demonstrated working knowledge of the basic principles of accounting, fund accounting, or budgetary accounting.
4. Demonstrated experience with automated accounting systems.
5. Demonstrated experience with recording meetings and transcribing notes/minutes.
6. REQUIRED Ability to have and maintain a valid driver’s license and to meet insurance standards and maintain insurability under the Borough’s insurance program. If personal automobile is used for Borough business, proof of insurance at statutory limits must be provided. (A CURRENT COPY OF DRIVING RECORD WILL BE REQUIRED UPON REQUEST)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Ability to communicate effectively and harmoniously with the public and maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
2. Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and ability to use independent judgment.
1. A PROFICIENCY TEST MAY BE ADMINISTERED TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS.
2. This position requires a criminal background check.
Frequent interdepartmental business contact and frequent contacts involving outside organizations/agencies.
Does not supervise; will typically experience many minor problems daily and an occasional major problem with little immediate supervision; must use own initiative in handling most problems; the consequences of error, carelessness or mistaken judgment require significant effort to recover.
General office where conditions are pleasant; while performing field work experiences somewhat disagreeable conditions with minor health hazards and minor accident probability; requires short periods of moderate lifting, pushing or pulling (26-50 lbs.).
Individuals interested in applying for this position must submit a completed online application on or before the closing date and time as specified in the Job Posting. Online applications can be located at www.fnsb.gov by clicking the “Find a Job” button.
For additional information please call (907) 459-1202 or the Borough Direct Job Line at (907) 459-1206.
The Borough complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/interview/selection process, contact the Human Resources Office at (907)459-1202 or the EEO office. The EEO Compliance Officer can be contacted at (907) 459-1309.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $24.28 per hour
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as kartikent.com