Looking for a New Job? kartikent.com is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in National History Academy & they are Hiring Candidates for History Teacher – Summer Camp
Company Name : National History Academy
Company Location : United States
Job Position : History Teacher – Summer Camp
Job Category : Jobs in United States
Job Description :
National History Academy is a 4-week residential summer experience for 90 highly motivated high school students from July 3 to July 30, 2022. Counselors will arrive earlier, on June 30th, to begin preparations and training.
The National History Academy is recruiting 12 college students who are passionate about American history to serve as Counselors/Teaching Assistants to assist in the implementation a unique curriculum based on Harvard Business School Professor David Moss’ case method of teaching history. This fellowship will provide Counselors with room & board, a stipend, transportation to and admission at all historic sites visited, and a truly once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience American history in the places it actually happened.
The Academy will offer an inspiring and engaging learning environment. Each week, the students will take 3-4 trips to historic sites. On classroom days, teachers, with the assistance of Counselors/Teaching Assistants, will guide students as they read primary source documents and engage in rich debate and discussion about significant periods in American history. The Academy will employ a hybrid of formal and informal learning methods through discussion, reading texts, watching films and documentaries, and lectures by noted scholars and historians. All of this will be further explored through collaborative learning experiences during the immersive on-site visits.
· Assist in teaching students about our nation’s identity, including the founding of American democracy and their rights and responsibilities as citizens
· Empower students to become critical thinkers and to develop a line of inquiry when approaching history
· Help students gain a deep conceptual understanding of the important events, inventions, and time periods that have helped shape America
· Be a reflective listener and unbiased assessor of class discussions and final student projects
· Continually assess students’ understanding of concepts and provide mentorship as needed
· Model initiative, resiliency, and patience for students, while maximizing student experience
· Conduct all activities in a professional manner
· Serve as a caregiver for each student. Report any issues or concerns to Master Teachers immediately. Maintain high levels of health and safety for all students
· Be a role model for students in attitude and behavior. Follow and uphold all safely and security rules, and all policies and procedures
· Support the values and mission of the National History Academy
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be passionate about American history, civics and law
Experience as a Counselor or Teaching Assistant is preferred
Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. You must be able to speak clearly to students, teachers and administration officials.
Excellent organization and time management skills
Problem solving skills and the ability to lead and instruct
Instruction skills and the ability to explain new ideas and unfamiliar concepts with authority
Create healthy relationships with students and faculty to create a high-quality learning environment
Enforce safety regulations and emergency procedures
Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist students in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury) and possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
· Must be first-aid/CPR certified
· Must pass a background check
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $7.00 – $27.00 per hour
COVID-19 considerations:National History Academy will follow all CDC and state and local guidance regarding COVID-19 protocols. All Academy participants are required to be up to date with COVID-19 vaccines.
teaching high school level history classes: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as kartikent.com