Looking for a New Job? kartikent.com is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in Vine Line Produce Distribution & they are Hiring Candidates for Buyer
Company Name : Vine Line Produce Distribution
Company Location : Comstock Park, MI 49321
Job Position : Buyer
Job Category : Jobs in Comstock Park, MI 49321
Job Description :
General Position Summary
The Buyer is responsible for purchasing assigned products competitively within established grades and standards in a timely fashion. This position is also responsible for developing product category programs alongside marketing and sales. The Buyer position must align with the core values of both FreshEdge and Vine Line – customer-obsessed, passionate, relational, innovative, real, and ethical.
1. Negotiate and purchase assigned products competitively to specification
2. Maintain daily work list at designated location
3. Interact and communicate with the procurement, sales and operations teams on product status to achieve continuous and open flow of information
4. Meet or exceed goals given by the Procurement Manager
5. Strive to improve inventory turns, reduce out of stock, control shrink and maintain FIFO inventory
6. Monitor product quality to ensure customer satisfaction, by daily visual quality checks and monitoring daily inventory reports. Communicate quality issues with operations and quality control
7. Manage incoming freight for timely arrivals to eliminate out of stock and to improve operational efficiencies
8. Supply cost and market trends to the sales and customer service staff for the development of books and daily selling opportunities
9. Negotiate and report to marketing ad and market buster offerings and pricing available from shippers
10. Supply market opportunities of deal product to the sales team for development of incremental sales
11. Identify, present, negotiate and develop product programs and/or item development with marketing, sales, and customer service
12. Assist in account sales for sales penetration, service levels and profitability
13. Utilize and/or help develop technology to improve the efficiencies of procurement
14. Negotiate contracts and accruals
15. Maintain regular and satisfactory full-time attendance
16. Perform work outside of normal business hours as needed and required
1. Assist with daily and monthly physical inventory, as needed
2. Complete other team member’s duties when unable to complete tasks
3. Assist marketing and sales to market products and programs to specified accounts
4. Perform special projects as assigned
1. Intellectual horsepower
2. Highly resourceful
3. Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
4. Innovative and creative thinking
5. Listening skills
7. Negotiation skills
8. Complex problem-solving
9. Organized and attention-to-detail approach
Travel by driving auto or by flying commercially as needed and required (includes overnight).
Stand or sit for long periods of time.
Prerequisites for Position
1. A related bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years successful experience as a Category Manager/Buyer in the produce industry or at least 7 years successful related experience in the produce industry
2. Proficient skills in Produce Pro or similar software, Microsoft Office and common E Mail systems are required.
3. Valid identification or driver’s license (if appropriate).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
Paid time off
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as kartikent.com